Greendale Chapel traces its origin to the spring of 1950 when a group of local Christians organized a fellowship in old brick store building which is yet standing within the site of the present church. The work was then known as Greendale Gospel Center. Later this group became part of the Presbyterian denomination. In 1954 a brick chapel was erected which still forms a part of the present building. It was built on land donated by Stuart Lilly, a local merchant and leader in the formation of the new church. In 1975 reorganization took place which created a fundamental, independent church, taking the name Greendale Chapel.
The new church proposed--and there was such an increase in membership and attendance over the next few years that it became necessary--to erect a large addition to the old building. Work began on this new addition in the late summer of 1982 and was completed in April of 1983. The first service in the new sanctuary was held on April 17, 1983.
Pastors who have served the church from its origin in 1950 have been William A. Marlowe, Bob Cox, Burton Toms, Hal Smith, Byron Dye, V.N. (Bud) Phillips, and Jerry A. Eggers. Pastor Eggers has served the church since October 3, 1976.
Copyright © 2023 Greendale Chapel - All Rights Reserved.