Greendale Chapel traces its origin to the spring of 1950 when a group of local Christians organized a fellowship
in an old brick store building which is yet standing within site of the present church. The work was then known as Greendale
Gospel Center. Later this group became part of the Presbyterian denomination. In 1954 a brick chapel was erected which still
forms a part of the present building. It was built on land donated by Stuart Lolly, a local merchant and leader in the
formation of the new church. In 1975 a reorganization took place which created and independent church, taking the name Greendale
The new church proposed--and there was such an increase in membership and attendance over the next few years
that it became necessary--to erect a large addition to the old building. Work began on this new addition in the late summer
of 1982 and was completed in April of 1983. The first service in the new sanctuary was held on April 17, 1983.
congregation continued to grow, the need for more parking and other facilities increased. God always knows our needs and makes
provision at just he right time. The land between the church building and the Treasure Island Restaurant was purchased in
1994 and is utilized for parking and a beautiful lawn. Three parcels of land were acquired over a period of twelve years
to develop out fellowship hall and surrounding facilities including our baptistery. The house behind the church (the Hagy
House) was purchased in 2000 and is now the home of our Youth Pastor and his family. The Old Store Building in the curve of
the road behind the church has been remodeled and serves as an office for our church cemetery, an office for our Youth Pastor,
and the Upper Room is the meeting place for our Teen Club. In 1997 the Lord Blessed again and allowed us to purchase
the Dr. Smeltzer home and farm across the highway from our church which could be used for future needs and expansion. Through
the generosity of treasured friends, we now have Greendale Cemetery to serve the needs of our church and community. The Lord
has richly blessed us with all these things, and to quote Brother John Bishop, "GOD IS SO GOOD".
have served the church from its origin in 1950 have been William A. Marlowe, Bob Cox, Burton Toms, Hal Smith, Byron Dye, V.N.
(Bud) Phillips, and Jerry A. Eggers. Pastor Eggers has served the church since October 3, 1976.